Some interesting figures are presented in a new study of 2011 real estate activity published by the Maryland Association of Realtors in its February/March 2012 monthly magazine:
* 37 percent of buyers in 2011 were under the age of 31; 32 percent were over age 55.
* while all buyers in the study used the internet to search for homes, for 35 percent of them, it was the first step; 21 percent started by contacting an agent.
* 21 percent of buyers last year were single females; 12 percent were single males.
* 64 percent of all buyers had no children under the age of 18 at home.
* 92 percent of buyers said open houses were very- to somewhat-useful sources of real estate info.
* 58 percent of buyers wanted to see videos when looking at a property online.